Addiction NI is a Trading Style of The Northern Ireland Community Addiction Service, a registered charity providing treatment and support for people who are dependent on alcohol or drugs. We provide tailor-made treatment programmes for people with drug or alcohol problems, delivered in community settings. We also give confidential support for people affected by someone else’s drinking or drug use.
In July 2016 Addiction NI became part of the Inspire Group formerly known as Niamh (Northern Ireland Association for Mental Health). Addiction NI retains its brand and remains an independent charity.
Addiction NI is the leading counselling, support and information service for people affected by alcohol and drug misuse. Our service are delivered at venues across Northern Ireland.
Our counselling services is for anyone;
- Over 18
- Worried or struggling with managing alcohol and/or drugs
- Affected by someone else’s alcohol and/or drug misuse
Addiction NI is:
- Professional: Qualified therapists providing counselling treatment and advice
- Easy to access: You can make an appointment yourself, a referral from a doctor is not essential. We do not charge for treatment sessions but welcome donations
- Community based: Our centres are in community settings and provide a relaxed environment
- Confidential: Your privacy is important to us
- Non-judgmental: Our counsellors focus on your treatment needs
- Promoting inclusion: We work with people experiencing social exclusion
We are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 1pm on Fridays. For help outside of these hours, please visit the Links page.