Are you a GP or healthcare professional?
Fast, confidential, user friendly, easily accessible, professional support. Every patient referred to Addiction NI will get an appointment within days. And because we work in partnership, the GP is kept fully informed and updated at every stage of the assessment and treatment process, if that is what is required.
You can click here to download our GP Referral Form.
Working in partnership
Addiction NI is committed to working in partnership with GPs. Addiction NI has a long relationship with healthcare providers and works with them to meet the needs of their patients and clients.
Around half of Addiction NI clients are referred by GPs, social workers and other health and social care professionals. With referred patients, our role is to provide you with the expert addiction services your patients may need, to provide your surgery with an additional resource when needed. Addiction NI can also act as your partner when treating patients with medication such as Campral EC.
Some of the reasons why healthcare professionals refer to Addiction NI are:
- A track record of good outcomes
- Qualified, professional counselling staff
- Short waiting times
- Relationships built with clients. Clients will see the same counsellor throughout their period of treatment
- Work to ensure that our rates of wasted appointments remain low
- Good multi-professional liaison and communication
- Experience with older peoples addiction
- Experience with offenders who have addictions
- Support given to family, friends and other people affected by someone elses addiction
The treatment model at Addiction NI is a cognitive behavioural approach and is offered to a wide range of clientele. Programmes include individual counselling and relapse management and prevention.
Training for GPs and other health and social care professionals
Addiction NI has many years experience working and liaising with GPs, social workers and other healthcare professionals. Addiction NI can offer training to health and care professionals on a range of addiction topics.
Training can be offered on:
- Brief intervention
- Overview of addiction and cognitive behavioral interventions
If you would like more information about how Addiction NI could help your patients or clients, please contact us.
Patients regularly tell me about the rewarding and professional care they receive from Addiction NI staff.
– Feedback from GP
Addiction NI provides an excellent service and a much needed focus on addiction and the ever increasing problems associated with misuse of prescription drugs.
– Feedback from GP
Addiction NI delivers a very professional, caring and essential service.
– Feedback from GP, Belfast