Would you like information or training about alcohol, drugs or addiction?
Addiction NI can provide training and information sessions about alcohol, drugs or addiction, tailor-made to meet the needs of your organisation or group.
Addiction NI can provide information and training in a range of formats, from a one-hour question and answer session to full training days. Interactive sessions can be useful for groups wishing to learn more about alcohol, drugs and addiction.
Our training team are professional addiction specialists who are highly knowledgeable in the areas of alcohol, drugs and addiction.
We can provide:
- An introduction to alcohol and drug misuse. An overview of the impact of alcohol and drugs in Northern Ireland.
- Drugs and the law. The range of drugs commonly used and how to spot their effects.
- Addiction awareness training. An introduction to addiction, how it affects people, their family and friends and what can be done to address the impact of addiction on the individual.
- How addiction affects older people. What to look out for and how older people can address their addiction to alcohol, drugs or prescription drug medication.
- Addiction NI experience of working with offenders affected by addiction. Sharing learning from our programmes with offenders.
- How addiction can affect family and friends of an alcohol or drug user and what support can be offered.
- Contributions to health and lifestyle events by using screening tools designed to identify risk of alcohol misuse
Please contact us to find out more about how we can meet your training and information requirements.