Drink Wise Age Well – Help for the over 50’s in the WHSCT area.
Are you aged over 50 and affected by alcohol use? Do you live within the Western Health and Social Care Trust area?
Would you like more information on safer drinking and effects of alcohol?
Are you affected by a family member who is over 50 using alcohol and do you need support?
Addiction NI has years of expertise in working with older people affected by alcohol or drug use. Many people think that it is too late for an older person to change their drinking use, Addiction NI has found that this is often not the case. The Drink Wise Age Well Programme is funded by the Big Lottery in partnership with Addiction NI and Addaction UK. The service is tailored to meet the needs of people aged over 50 who are using alcohol. Some of the special features of this service include:
- Therapeutic staff with specific knowledge of older people’s needs
- 1:1 tailored sessions, these sessions can delivered in the person’s home or community venues
- Group support meetings on a weekly basis. These can be open and closed meetings
- Family support to those who have concerns about alcohol use by family members who are over 50.
- Resilience programmes supporting health and wellbeing in a group setting
- Training and alcohol awareness sessions for volunteers, professionals and work place settings
- Volunteer opportunities
Drink Wise Age Well have an open referral process. An individual can refer themselves into the service or alternatively a friend or family member can refer on their behalf with their consent. Health professionals and other community and voluntary organisations can also refer with the persons consent. To make a referral please contact our WHSCT regional office on 028 82839240.
Drink Wise Age Well WHSCT Regional Office: 028 8283 9240
Drink Wise Age Well NI