What is Dry January?
Doing Dry January:
- Enables you to take control of your relationship with alcohol.
- Drives a conversation about alcohol: why do we drink it, what does it do, and how can we reduce the harm it can cause?
Alcohol Concern brings together an amazing network of individuals and organisations, including partner charities who work on issues associated with alcohol. Together, we will reduce the harm caused by alcohol.
Why do Dry January?
There are loads of reasons for taking part in Dry January, Here are just a few:
- Reset your relationship with alcohol
- New year, new you – do Dry January and feel healthier and happier as:
- you sleep better
- your skin improves
- you lose weight
- improved mental and emotional health
- More money in your pocket (the average person spends £50,000 on booze in their lifetime)
- Get healthier – through giving up alcohol for a month you do your insides a lot of good.
- Amazing sense of achievement!
If we could come up with a new health supplement or discovered a superfood that had all those benefits, we’d be millionaires. But instead we aim to offer the help, advice and encouragement to let you get these benefits yourself, all for free.
Why fundraise through Dry January?
Dry January will make a difference to you as you save money, feel great and look fabulous – but it can make a difference to others too.
Fundraise for (or give what you save from not drinking to) Addicition NI so that we can continue to support the 1000’s on individuals and families impacted by alcohol use across Northern Ireland. Simply click here to set up your justgiving page then share it with friends and family via, email, facebook and twitter and encourage them to support your efforts.