For 1000’s of individuals across Northern Ireland going sober for a month is not yet an option. Addiction NI provide a free service to anyone struggling with alcohol or drug use and help people to take those first steps towards recovery.
By signing up to this challenge you’re doing something amazing for these people and their families. All the money raised by those Go Sober for October will be used to fund counsellors, peer support workers and our mutual aid partnership groups to provide ongoing support to all those in need of our help.
So thank you for taking part in Go Sober for October and demonstrating your support for all those struggling with alcohol and drug use.
To sign up to the campaign email email@example.com and let us know you are taking part.
You can fundraise in one or all of the following ways;
Going sober does come with many benefits for you, whilst helping to individuals to take their own first steps to recovery.
- More time on your hands. You’ll have time to fit in a weekend run or learn something new once you’ve banished those horrible hangovers.
- Better sleeping pattern.You’ll wake up with a spring in your step and increased energy levels – who knows what greatness you could achieve?!
- Improved mental health and wellbeing Alcohol may seem like a mood elevator, but it is actually a depressant that can have a negative effects on your overall mental health.
- Improved weight loss When cutting out alcohol, your overall calorie intake will decrease, Once you give up alcohol you will start to see your waistline shrinking.
- A happier bank balance. By going booze-free, you could save up to £67 a month.
- A healthier you. With a clearer head, clearer skin and free from hangovers, you’ll be feeling on top of the world.
Go Sober for October is a fundraising campaign aimed at challenging social drinkers to change their habits for a month and make some healthy lifestyle changes. We would encourage people to drink responsibly and stick to the recommended daily guidelines for the rest of the year